Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, August 21, 2009

A New Blog Name

"My Own Purple Haze"

Now whats this about? Just a second and you'll know!
Here I was, the marketing (was my second major in MBA) graduate in me was realising that my earlier blog name "Devoted - Spirituallyyours" did not have as many takers as I wanted. That should have been obvious really. While the name suited my blog to the T, it apparently must not suited the palate of the people I wanted to network with. Hence, a change of name, but definitely no change of heart.
Why this name?
Actually I wanted just "purple haze" but that was taken. so had to tweak my preferences a bit. Came up with many combinations but this was the only one that finally got accepted. So here I am!
Reason 1 - Purple Haze is actually a song by Jimi Hendrix that was released somewhere in the 60's across US and the UK. It went on to become one of his biggest hits and later was also coined as his signature song. Its said that Hendrix was inspired by a dream in which he was walking under the sea. He was about to go under when his faith in Jesus saved him. Kind of symbolic, huh? I also largely talk about our faith saving us. Thats why I added the "my own" prefix to PH.
Reason 2 - Purple Haze is also a pub in Bangalore, India. A hugely popular place for college and post graduate students, it used to be a frequent stop over for us too when we were there during our MBA years. Now, am a relative teetotaller but have literally tasted every drink (the major ones, atleast) at least once, and all at Purple Haze! I love Peach Shnapps- its the only drink I consume and thats where I got introduecd to it. So, an educator of sorts too!

So thats the story. I had a tough time thinking of names - and have roped in quite a few people to think with me too. we did come up with some fascinating thoughts, some I would love to share and some i better dont! The next task that lies ahead is now revamping the look of the blog but thats going to take some time till i master the technicals of blogging!

Till then, do drop by. Would love to hear from all of you.

Cheers,
Vrinda

0 comments:

Post a Comment