Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Guruji!

Hey all!

Tomorrow is Guruji's birthday. Am excited. Events being planned for weeks, its generally a week long celebration that culminates into a grand finale tomorrow. its great fun too, u meet a lot people who generally are names during the year or just a voice on the telephone. Apart from rejoicing the existence of someone very very important to me, I also renew friendships and relations that have otherwise been somehow lost in the rush of life.

You know, once when i was much much younger, say abt 14 or 15 years old (I have been aliogned to Guruji since i was 12!) and we were celebrating His birthday, I had actually asked Him.. "Guruji, dont you get excited when your birthday comes?? I certainly love my birthday - so many gifts and cards, I feel so important.!!!" The naivety of childhood, the innocence! he just smiled - that very benign smile and said to me .. "its the excitement of you all that thrills me, your affection and devotion that excites me". ever since that time, there has been a different kind of excitement in me for his birthday.

This year also there is the usual parapharnaelia and the music, the color and the festivity. He will be 85 tomorrow. I cant wait to be part of his centenarial celebrations! Long Live the Lord!

All my devotion,
Vrinda

0 comments:

Post a Comment