Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

A trip down Memory Lane

Hey..
Its taken me quite some time to write this post... u know what i have been upto last couple of days! Well, had left work a bit early on Monday and thats when i ended up sorting some stuff back home. So wat do i come across ??? I unearthed some albums, journals and some books of yester years! Flipping through them, i was tranported back to times that have been etched in my memory but ofcourse, due to more recent turns of life, remain dormant. Here I was, remembering myself all of 10 years and 12 years back, then six or eight years back, then to college times, MBA times and even the days of my first job, when i used to be in Gurgaon!

what wonderful days! What is the secret of the pleasure that one derives when one travels down memory lane? Visits bygones and suddenly, there is huge yearning to be that same person again - even for just one day! Spend time with those treasured friends, in those favourite places that used to be, enjoying both the leisure and luxury of having time for yourself, and even sharing the worries of life - exams, chipped nails and no time to watch the next movie!!! WHAT WONDERFUL WORRIES!

Was reading some entries on the journals i used to keep.. I promise, i would post some here for u guys to read as well! Trust me, they were no less than a Hindi movie unfolding in front of me - just the same amount of drama, the same amount of mystery... was life seriously such at that time! I rather think, it was the budding writer in me that overtook the actual and magnified it just a zillion :)
This is wat i compiled from at all i read and recollected... If i was to make a list of the days and times that i remember most and recollect with a fond heart and lots of love... this is how it goes:-
  • My 16th Birthday
  • The Class XII interschool Fest - Maitraiyee
  • The school trip to gujarat and rajasthan
  • Dancing in the rain
  • Joining college
  • Lounging in a book store
  • The day i got my second ear piercing done
  • Choosing a career - joining MBA entrance tutorials
  • My first trip abroad
  • the day i turned 21
  • cookout session with friends
  • my first trek trip - Tiger Hills
  • Leaving home for the first time
  • Hostel life!
  • my first kiss
  • Pantaloon sales with Vritika and Swati!
  • Visting the Taj Mahal, and Dwarka
  • the first day of my first job
  • my first all alone trip - Rameshwaram
  • the day i watched three movies in a theater - back to back!
  • Sitting among flowers and sunshine - Joshimath and Flowers Valley
  • Suicide Shot - Genting islands
  • the day i met Pandit Jasraj
  • the day i said yes to marriage

i never even remembered half of all this... so much comes back to mind the minute you step into the time machine. Once this flow started, i realised that it does not stop at all.. even after some days today, am thinking and remembering stuff.... amazing how much the heart holds and that too, on quick recall!

A quick ode to some people having touched my life:

  • Babaji - wherever u are, I miss you
  • Kaka - wish u were here
  • Guruji - this life is all yours
  • my first boss
  • Some old friends - Sanjeev, Parul, Arvind
  • Deepak bhaiya, Binu Bhaiya, US, Basant Bhaiya - u guys have taught me to be a better person!
  • Some teachers at school / MBA - Mrs Alexander, Mrs Basu, Dr Pai, Dr Nargundkar, Sandeep Kayastha and that dishy International Finance professor!
  • Swati, Priyanka, Vritika - Friends Forever!
  • Abhishek, Vivek, Naveen - better halves of the Freinds Forever respectively.. still getting to know u guys!
  • Namita, Nimesh, Roshan, Chandan, Bharat, Saurabh, Dheeraj, Jimmy, Vinita, Vijay, Sandhya, Meghna, Jaya - MBA days were fun, largely coz of u guys!

Nice time i had... just remembering. i suddenly am smiling a lot and i guess, quite widely as i write this. If any of you guys are reading this, hey!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Deboshree said...

Hey there!
I have been born and brought up in Delhi itself. But I am a Bengali.
Well written.
I like your writing style.
Keep writing.
Your life seems to be lovely.

Take care
Deboshree

DEVOTED said...

hey hey... thanks a lot. Do keep tuning in. And believe me, despite the tough times, i try to keep life light by just remembering good times. And hoping for more memories to build. I guess that does work a bit. Try it.
Write back.
Vrinda

Post a Comment