Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back again!

hey there...

How you guys doing? Sorry have been absconding for some time now... just caught up with work at the office and then, neverending at home. I've never told u guys abt what I do, have I? Well, am working as a Strategy & Development senior manager at one of the premier NBFC's in India today. Its an out and out analytical devising job - something I love doing. has taught me a lot too - planning and execution are fine words but a lot of hard work too! And that a good job done is appreciated everywhere! So have just been a bit busy that side of life...
What else...? I have a married sister in law (my husband's sister) who is visiting us right now. Its good to have her home after quite a time now... she is one of those very vibrant and energetic people who love to have fun wherever they are... so that kind of rubs onto everyone when she is at home!!

I have also been visiting my Guru. The Shankaracharya of Dwarka and Joshimath. Am not sure how many people reading this would be familiar with this tradition but the Hindu religion is largely dominated by the influence of Adi Shankaracharya and his teachings. Not to mention the four religious hubs (we call them Maths) that he established in the four corners of India... Badrinath in North (Lord of the Math - Lord Badrinath, a Vishnu emdodiment), Dwarka in the west (ruled by Lord Krishna), Shringeri in the South (abode of the goddess of Learning) and Puri in the East ( ruled by Lord Jagannath, another Vishnu embodiment). All of these have quite some histories... and its a blessing to have the legal and supreme authority of 2 of these maths to be my Guru.

I know a lot of people are very skeptical about this Guru - disciple relation or concept. A lot are cynical as well. I should be knowing - I meet people like these everyday! especially when they come to know that I prescribe to the concept! With all due respect to them. Everyone is entitled and allowed to have their own thoughts and sentiments. But just think for a minute... whats in it that makes you so cynical? We all have some people who we put above all else in the world. Each of us have one such presence in our lives, who we hold as sacred - who has the power to influence our mind, mould our heart and change our outlook. Every one of us look up at one such person that makes us want to give up all the allures of the worldly life and spend our entire lifetime doing nothing but waking up to the more important facets of existence - reaching within our own spiritual self to learn more about God, more about the meaning of being human, more about acheiving something unparalleled in the world. That person is your Guru! Give it some thought, guys... What is a Guru....? A Guru is this Guy who makes you reach your inner self to make you realise that U R U!!!!

He may be God, he may be your Teacher at school, he may be one of your parents. By the vedas, these are called the natural Gurus. And the moment you get ordained by another person, he / she becomes your cultured Guru. The difference lies in the name and the reactions they evoke in other people. To me, my Guru is someone who teaches me to love God and appreciate life. He assures me that its very much my duty to fulfil my spiritual quotient despite living in a material world such as ours. Makes me aware of the fact that I may have worldly duties to fulfil, and that doing so is also service to the Lord. To me, my Guru makes me experience happiness and peace by just giving me the golden opportunity to be in his presence. And i can swear by all the holy books of all religions in the world, that the times spent by His side, are to my mind the most relaxed and worryless times I have spent in my life.

Jai Gurudev!

0 comments:

Post a Comment