Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, August 28, 2009

The Beauty of Death

No, I have not taken leave of my senses. No, I have not gone mad.

My first boss, Ajay went on to become one of my staunch pillars when I joined Genpact. Though he was much mature beyond me, wiser in the way the world works and had seen much of the corporate world just when i was walking into it. But he took the time to be my friend. Listen to a small girl who had left the security of home and shelter of college to foray into the big bad world. He became one of my closest allies and these days, about 4 years after he is no longer my boss, I feel very proud to call him a friend.

He lost his father last night. Uncle had been battling a heart condition for some time now with frequent trips to the hospital for the past year or so and last night, he finbally succumbed to it. Ajay had known his father was not keeping well. His family knew his fragile condition. But can u be ever prepared for losing someone so close to you? Losing a parent? It scares the living daylights outta me. I am feeling sad at his loss. Not because Ajay is my friend, or his wife has become a good friend too. But for the last of a wonderful relationship between father and son, grandfather and grandchild. May his soul rest in peace.

“You can shed tears that he is gone,
or you can smile because he has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see him,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember him only that he is gone,
or you can cherish his memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what he'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.”

Take care, my friend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment